Thursday, March 16, 2006

RANDOM LINKS: A Tasty Assortment

SOME QUICK LINKS:
FIRST OFF, wonderful news about the Heurich House.

AND NOW EVERYTHING ELSE ...

- I had a wonderful time at the blogger happy hour last night at Yuca. Social chair KathrynOn has a roundup.
- Diplodocus has arrived safe and sound in Islamabad.
- And I Am Not Lying for Real has a great post about the Florida Avenue Grill.
- From Cole Slaw Blog, I learn that Ann Arbor icon Faz Husain of A Hello Faz! Pizza has died. I can't say I ever liked his pizza, but his passing is sad nonetheless. This made me dig up my old Daily article detailing the first-ever Michigan Daily Pizza Challenge:
At 7:59 p.m., A Hello Faz's pizza arrived. Then came the pie from Anthony's 11 minutes later. While Faz was the first in a series of mediocre and average pizzas to make its way past the jury, Anthony's was more distinct. A good crust and sauce, it appropriately fell under its self-proclaimed category of gourmet.
- Gawker's playing with fire.
- This is cool.
- Via Londonist, this photo of the Lancaster Gate tube station is cool. (pictured above)
- Speaking of photos ... Kyle says:
In another 45 minutes I'll be strapping my Burton Custom on for some night skiing action and then I'll finish the night with some sushi from the 10th floor sushi bar. Oh, and we got seven inches of fresh powder this morning. Yes, I am trying to make you jealous. Is it working?
Yes, Kyle, it is. Another blogger I know is leaving next week for Buenos Aires. Lucky bastards.

... And a non-link: DJE, if you're reading this from Irbil or greater environs, safe travels into the hornet's nest. Go do some great reporting. Be well my friend.

4 Comments:

At 4:16 PM, Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said...

Great to see you as always, and congrats again on Heurich House.

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger A Unique Alias said...

Congratulations :-)

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Michael said...

Thank you all. I've been thinking about arranging a special tour for those who haven't had a chance to get a tour of the Heurich House. If anyone is interested, let me know.

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Jeff Simmermon said...

Mike, thanks for the compliment and the link! Good to see you out the other night, too...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home