Thursday, March 09, 2006

BIG BROTHER: So Many Fans in Norfolk!

JEEZ, RIGHT AFTER my previous post went up about the discovery of mustard gas artillery shells in Spring Valley, my site meter started lighting up from the Navy Marine Corps Intranet. I had no idea I had so many fans in Norfolk that are still using Windows 2000! Thanks for the traffic! I hope my readers realize that this information already was printed in The Washington Post, which has a considerably larger readership base than The Washington Oculus. Nothing sinister here folks. Unless of course you're talking about Curbed's spy shots from within the Hearst Building in New York.

gate9-norfolk.nmci.navy.mil MSIE 6 Windows 2000
09 Mar, Thu, 14:36:50 gate2-norfolk. MSIE 6 Windows 2000
09 Mar, Thu, 14:42:21 gate5-norfolk.nmci.navy.mil MSIE 6 Windows 2000
09 Mar, Thu, 14:42:42 gate3-norfolk.nmci.navy.mil MSIE 6 Windows 2000
09 Mar, Thu, 14:43:51 gate6-norfolk.nmci.navy.mil MSIE 6 Windows 2000
09 Mar, Thu, 14:44:20 gate7-norfolk.nmci.navy.mil MSIE 6 Windows 2000
09 Mar, Thu, 14:46:22 gate4-norfolk.nmci.navy.mil MSIE 6 Windows 2000

4 Comments:

At 4:50 PM, Blogger Michael said...

For clarification, Blogger has been tricky with what time my posts' timestamp, so though it says 2:56 p.m., it went up earlier.

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger A Unique Alias said...

A. There are a few things you can do with timestamps. They're assigned when you initially start a post, so if you take a while, the end number will be later. Also, time zones are user-set and not automatic. Both of those, however, would probably make your post appear to have been published earlier than the date of actual publication, not later. If it's a regular problem, you can also manually set the time. I'm sure I'm not telling you anything you don't already know.

B. They must have forwarded an e-mail around or something, yes? No referral log? Hmph.

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger WD said...

I heard the sleeper cell preparing the next terrorist attack is going to blog about it before it happens. That's why The Pentagon and Homeland Security are monitoring the pulse of the blogosphere!

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger Michael said...

I started using this template nearly 2 years ago now, and the timestamp acted funny then too. Alas, I should do some updating on the technical side. Unfortunately, I have no time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home