Saturday, March 04, 2006

OCULUS: One-Stop Shopping for D.C., Architecture, Gossip and Other Randomly Assorted Things

AS MANY OF YOU KNOW, I read many, many blogs during the day, and I get paid to do it. People ask me how many I read a day and what the blog-reading strategies I employ to scan the blogosphere to avoid much of the worthless drivel out there to find the good stuff. I can't really boil it all down to a set of rules. Much of it is just done by instinct and controlled by loyalty to certain blogs that have wonderful blogrolls and great content that's updated daily, or at least regularly.

In an effort to clean up my blogroll (which hasn't been updated in many, many months), I've reorganized it and expanded it considerably. It's still a work in progress. So at the right, you'll find links to some of The Washington Post's blogs I enjoy; D.C. area-based blogs and those farther afield (though I'll admit there is an East Coast bias here) that are worth reading; plus, blogs of friends and various architecture/city/design observers and a decent cross section of the gossip blogs that are out there. So more of a smorgasboard.

3 Comments:

At 10:55 AM, Blogger roosh said...

i hope you use an rss reader!!

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger Michael said...

While I use an RSS reader for some things, I feel that you get a better sense of the blogosphere (note: I dislike that term) through actual navigation of links, going from blog to blog. Also, I feel that I can get to some blogs quicker by simply recalling their URLs from the recesses of my brain.

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger Ghost of John Wayne Gacy said...

MEET THE MERCHANT OF DEATH - MARTIN AUSTERMUHLE

http://maustermuhle.blogspot.com/

Women and children are dying in Bolivia because of this man and his paycheck in Washington, DC comes from the Communist Party!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home