Saturday, March 25, 2006

FOOD COMA: Trying to Survive Five Guys

I TEND NOT TO EAT burgers and fries as a major source of sustinence. But yet, they do slip into my diet. In fact, Friday's Diplomat Burger for lunch at the Post Pub -- just down the block from The Washington Post's downtown headquarters on L Street NW -- was perhaps one of the more stomach-upsetting experiences I've had in a while.

I just got Five Guys for dinner at their new Wilson Boulevard location in Court House. (Yes, I'm at the office on a Saturday night.) A Little Bacon Cheeseburger sounded like a good idea at the time. Now I'm in stuck in a food coma, trying to digest all this. I'll be stuck in my chair for quite some time. I can taste the saturated fat.

Does any place in Arlington deliver a spinach salad?

4 Comments:

At 8:36 PM, Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said...

Try Listrani's. They have plenty of grease, but I've ordered some tasty mixed green salads from there. Good luck.

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger nm said...

From now on, I'd stay away from the food at Post Pub. I used to work across the street from the Post offices, and a number of my coworkers saw things at Post Pub that you shouldn't see in a place where you eat. I'll leave it at that.

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger Flop said...

Mmmmm, Five Guys. One advantage to Washington over New York.

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger John said...

You guys are wimps. The Dip Burger at the Post Pub is a delicious medley of burger, bacon, Velveeta and grease, unparalleled in the city. Be sure to get the Velveeta on the onion rings too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home