Saturday, November 05, 2005

ARLINGTON: Detained, But Unharmed


Editor's Note: Sorry to have slacked off the past week, after two weeks on sort-of hiatus. I will be back up to speed with new energy to go out and document the city. But that can be hazardous. This afternoon, I was detained by police for the first time in my life working as journalist, but I will blog about that later. No worries though, your friendly journalist/observer/architecture lover was released and is unharmed, but my name has been added to a database ... so supect me to go through extra security at DCA. I guess I'll just have to take the train to avoid an extra pat down.

In the meantime ... what a beautiful day it's been. Especially if you were enjoying the sunshine and warm temperatures in the cloistered retail bliss at an area lifestyle center's courtyard. At the lifestyle center pictured above, Pentagon Row in Arlington, the community was lounging outside the Taiphoon, Lebanese Taverna and Wolfgang Puck's watching ice skaters do what they do on rink.

I personally like the idea of public ice skating for its pure civic elements. Rockefeller Center in midtown Manhattan is perhaps the best example. The rink at Rockefeller Center has a looming centerpiece: the golden Prometheus. The looming centerpiece at Pentagon Row's ice rink: signage/staircase clock tower for a Bally's fitness.

1 Comments:

At 1:29 AM, Blogger Photography said...

nice article and beautiful blog. thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home