Monday, June 23, 2008

NORTHEAST CORRIDOR: My Third Home


IF I'M NOT in New York, there's a good chance I'm in Washington (like I was in the past few days). When I'm not in those two cities, there's a good chance I'll be on Amtrak somewhere on the Northeast Corridor. One of the great things about my job helping to edit and manage the Politicker.com network of state politics websites is that I get to dive into the nuts and bolts of campaigns and political news state by state, whether it be the Vermont governor's race to state Senate campaign in California. We're in 16 states now, including Massachusetts, which officially launched today. Our Pennsylvania site has been live for two months or so now and a few weeks ago, our permanent reporters started. Two Sundays back, I paid a visit to our Philadelphia bureau (the view is pictured at top) and had a nice brunch with our Pennsylvania reporters.

Although I haven't spent too much time in Philadelphia, it's a great food city. And I've generally found exploring the city's alleys and half streets to be great time, as long as the weather isn't too miserable. You never know what you'll come across as you turn a corner. (In the case of Uber Street, above, it was a homeless man using the tiny roadway as an outdoor toilet. Philly sure has its charms.)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home