Sunday, March 30, 2008

NORTHEAST CORRIDOR: N.Y.-Bound

I'M HEADED TO NEW YORK in the morning. New job.

Oh yes, I don't think I've actually technically announced it on this here blog. Earlier this month, I accepted an offer to be deputy managing editor of Observer Media Group's Politicker.com, an expanding network of state-specific insider politics websites. If you're familiar with PoliticsNJ.com an PoliticsNH.com, they've been renamed with the Observer's Politicker brand. More have been launched, more are on the way. Here's some background on the project from The New York Times' Brian Stelter. I'll be working from the offices of The New York Observer near the Flatiron Building. I'll be resettling in Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn, in the next two weeks, which means that I'm splitting my time between D.C. and New York. But Washington won't be a stranger to me and I plan semi-regular visits.

Photo of Manhattan taken from Long Island City, Queens, by Michael Grass

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 11:02 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Can't say that I've ever read your blog before, but I just saw the link on DCist and wanted to say that Carroll Gardens rocks. I hope you enjoy it. Frankie's 457 on Court Street is a must-visit for a weeknight dinner ... if they have the duck breast don't sleep on it ... it's perfection. Good luck!

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Chris Combs said...

Congratulations!! Give a ring next time you're bored in the not-so-big city. Cheers Grass.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home