Wednesday, April 05, 2006

NEXT STEPS: The Oculus May Die

YEAH, I HAVEN'T POSTED IN A WHILE. Work's been busy. I'm not sure I'll have time to maintain this blog at the level of general excellence that you and I expect from my abilities. A few months ago, I wanted to dive in and concentrate on architecture and urban planning blogging, but all of that evolved into something else. I'm not really sure what The Washington Oculus is anymore.

Since I co-founded, developed and later left DCist, I have felt that in many ways I've been a major bricklayer that has helped form the foundation from which this city's blogging world has been built. I started blogging (on an earlier version of this blog that accidentally got erased) back in 2003. It's been amazing to see the D.C. blogging community grow, evolve and adapt over time. I'm glad that I've been a part of it.

While that's all been cool, it may be time to take a step back, reclaim some of my sanity and kill this blog so I can concentrate on more important things, professionally and personally. But we'll see. Maybe the Oculus will linger on for a little longer and will turn into something else entirely. I do have three billion ideas floating around in my head.

Many thanks to all my readers.

UPDATE: OR MAYBE IT WON'T DIE. If you've ever been freaked out by clowns, here's something that's creepy: An instructional video on how clowns are supposed to act around elderly people at nursing homes, courtesy of Screenhead. Too good not to pass on.
>> "Don't Stand Around a Large Cluster of Clowns" [You Tube via Screenhead]

3 Comments:

At 6:57 PM, Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said...

Sad news, but good luck with whatever you choose to do here...or not.

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Michael said...

I won't be going away, just doing something different, refocusing my energies.

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Flop said...

You'll want to keep this up, if only as an occasional scratch pad and unsupervised writing outlet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home