Sunday, November 13, 2005

UNITED NATIONS: Secretary-General Kofi Annan Wants to Give Me Oil-for-Food Cash

I LOVE E-MAIL SOLICITATIONS that try to dupe me into sending money where I can later cash in on millions of dollars. The tricksters from Nigeria (where the majority of these schemes are generated) can be ever so crafty.

But this one takes the cake: Apparently I too can profit off the United Nations oil-for-food program, according to an e-mail I received from U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan.
I Dr. Kofi Annan, Secretary-General of the United Nations, would like to ask for your partnership in reprofilling funds over $250m in excess, the funds would be coming via a string of selected banks in Europe and Asia.

The Funds in question were generated by me during the oil for food programme in Iraq. I have been getting scandals/ controversy in this regards, you can read more on the links below-
http://www.wsws.org/articles/2005/apr2005/anna-a05.shtml
http://www.canadafreepress.com/2003/main042803.htm

You would be paid 5% as your management fee. Please do not write back directly to me via my official email address. All further correspondence should be sent to my private mail box (kannan4un@mac.com). As soon as you indicate your interest I will give further details.

Remember to treat this mail and transaction as strictly confidential. I will await your urgent correspondence via my private mail box-

Dr.Kofi Annan.
SECRETARY- GENERAL
kofiannan@un.org
www.un.org
I love the fake e-mail address kannan4un@mac.com because the use of the "4" instead of "for" lends a lot of credibility, don't you think?

According to London's Metropolitan Police, these crimes are known as 419 Fraud cases, since they deal with section 419 of the Nigerian Criminal Code.

From the Met
:
This type of scam, originally known as the "Spanish Prisoner Letter", has been carried out since at least the sixteenth century via ordinary postal mail. These scams have come to be associated in the public mind with Nigeria due to the massive proliferation of such confidence tricks from that country since the mid-eighties, although they are often also carried out in other African nations, and increasingly from European cities with large Nigerian populations, notably London and Amsterdam.
Now who's going to fall for it? Someone, unfortunately.

>> "Fraud Alert - 419 Fraud" [Metropolitan Police]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home