Tuesday, November 08, 2005

ODDS AND ENDS: Pre-T'giving Reminders

JUST IN TIME FOR THE HOLIDAYS, this post from Pygmalion in a Blanket is a must read for all those who will be going to their respective hometowns over the holidays and will be interacting with their friends' parents.
As the holiday season approaches, we must prepare ourselves for our single interaction of the year. Please be reminded that all of your children’s friends have aged years, if not decades, and have done many new, compelling and entertaining things. If you must reference our childish actions please make sure to attach the correct actions to the appropriate child.
I'll leave the rest to Pygmalion in a Blanket. But to any adults from the greater Grand Rapids area I knew growing up, I can assure you that I too "did not hog-tie your daughter with an extension cord and toss her into the front yard." So please don't accuse me of doing such scandalous things.

>> "I got your letter. Let's just say I don't care for the colour that it paints me" [Pygmalion in a Blanket]

GRASS, LIKE THE GREEN GRASS. Surely, it can't be that difficult. The American University student paper, The Eagle, wrote a profile about DCist and interviewed Rob Goodspeed, my old co-editor at the site. But instead of Grass, they spelled it Brass. So it goes. First, The Hill newspaper said I was editor of the Washington Examiner, and now, instead of Grass, I'm Brass.

>> "Profile in American U Student Paper" [Goodspeed Update]

1 Comments:

At 1:05 PM, Blogger The Governess said...

some reputations just never die...

(thanks for the post!!) :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home