Thursday, February 09, 2006

ODDS AND ENDS: Yes, I've Been Neglecting You

HOPE YOU HAVEN'T MISSED ME TOO MUCH. Life's been, well, busy. And I haven't had too much to write about.

But yet, there are a few things worth noting.

FIRST THINGS FIRST
. Last weekend, I watched the second season of "Miami Vice." And boy, was it gripping television. With guest appearances by a balding/mulleted Phil Collins (as a game show con-artist who tries to fool cocaine-yearning "yuppies") and a bald G. Gordon Liddy (who is sending tainted Vietnam-era smack into present-day 1980s America with the help of his Laotian sidekick Mung who sends mortar rounds into Biscayne Bay, and a drama-packed episode titled "Trust Fund Pirates," I have to wonder why I'm living in Washington, D.C. We don't have trust fund pirates who lurk in arched underground heroin dens with recessed lighting and metal barrel gas lanterns.

SECONDLY, a few weekends back, Jack Abramoff bought me drinks. Well not Jack Abramoff the person, but his spirit. I was at a downtown hotel bar with some friends and fellow bloggers and we were talking about Jack Abramoff in a purely news sense and how lobbyists are under fire, etc. The bartender overheard us and said: "Oh, you're friends with Jack? The next few rounds are on me."

So I ask for a Glenmorangie 18 Year and the bartender proceeds to pour me the equivalent of 3-4 scotches in one glass. Brilliant. (Did I do anything wrong here? Though the scotch was pure, it was however tainted with Jack Abramoff. But then again, it's not like I tricked any tribal leaders to forking over millions of dollars.)

THIRDLY, I will be stationed in the Heurich House's Dining Room on Friday from 5:30-7:30 p.m. American University is sponsoring evening tours at the house, complete with musicians and refreshments. It's $15, but of course, for a good cause.

AND LASTLY, this is funny. So is this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home