Tuesday, October 04, 2005

ODDS 'N ENDS: New Car Smell Bad for You


1.) I have always liked the smell of a new car's interior, now I learn that it's likely to kill me, and you too.

2a.) I've uploaded some of my photos from this weekend to Flickr: yesterday's photo from Brighton Beach and some others from Brooklyn. Not too many, nothing spectacular, but I do think it's cool that the F train soars high above Washington Cemetery on its way to Coney Island.

2b.) And the photo above is of the old sugar refinery on the docks of Red Hook. I took this photo in August 2004 when I was in Brooklyn. Since then, Ikea has been preparing for its move next door, more buildings are being rehabbed for condos, etc. and some anti-gentrification activists have been crying foul. Well, there's some new Red Hook news:
-- On Columbia Street, the streets about to be ripped up and "is only 'prep work' for a two-year project that will leave major portions of the neighborhood dug up and intermittently without water." [Amy's New York Notebook via Curbed]
-- The time I went to Schnack (at 122 Union Street) last year, I loved the place. I never had the beer milk shake, but I did try the dirt-cheap mini-burgers, yam fries and Jubilat Swojska. Excellent. Could it be true? Will you be able to get your currently out-of-the-way Schnack fix via a simple subway ride? Schnack is opening an outpost in Park Slope, at the Brooklyn Lyceum. [Only the Blog Knows Brooklyn]

Editor's Note: I will stop writing exclusively about Brooklyn soon enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home