Wednesday, September 14, 2005

DAILY MUESLI: Bulgarian Feta Bagel


Breakfast: Bagel and egg sandwich with Bulgarian sheep's milk feta and green chili salsa.
Good morning. I feel that I am now officially back blogging. If I went and took photos of what I'm having to eat this morning, I guess that I'm back in the game. It's been more than a year now since I've kept a personal blog. Sure, thousands of readers got to know me somewhat when I was editing DCist, but there are rarely "I"s in a group blog. It was just easier to relaunch my old pre-DCist blog, The Washington Oculus. This blog will probably move soon.

So what's "Daily Muesli"? Assuming I'm awake early enough each morning, I'll point you in the direction of some interesting stuff I find online and in the news. Muesli , if you may remember, is the "mixture of usually untoasted rolled oats and dried fruit, often used as a breakfast cereal." Sure, I had a bagel sandwich this morning, but this muesli is nutrient-free, fat-free information that's good for your mind. We'll see how this "daily" feature develops ... let's hope I can pump out one post a day. Just watch your step, this site will be undergoing reconstruction in the next few weeks.

1.) According to Reuters' top two stories, things aren't too happy in Iraq or at home.
2.) Information Leafblower and Coolfer detail the Future of Music Conference at George Washington University.
3.) This ad for the late great architect Philip Johnson's Urban Glass House in Manhattan is kind of irksome. But perhaps Mr. Johnson would want to be fused with Annabelle Selldorf for all eternity. A Daily Dose of Architecture and Curbed have more.
4.) The Guardian: "Ich bin ein Berliner." Another broadsheet downsizes. But is it cherry coke, as Chris Lewis says?
5.) Dean Donald Trump: "At the end of the school year, I will be selecting 16 students - eight men and eight women - to compete in tasks of grading papers and leading discussion groups and selling hot Italian sausage in Spanish Harlem while dressed as mimes." [via Chris Kula]

Gotta run. Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) is now speaking during the John Roberts confirmation and MSNBC's Norah O'Donnell is trying to explain Kelo v. New London.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home