Monday, November 28, 2005

ON THE ROAD: Heading Back to D.C.

EAST GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. -- Good morning. It's rather ugly out here in western Michigan with low clouds and rain ... A perfect way to start off an 11+ hour road trip back to the East Coast. This weekend's wedding in Milwaukee was a good time, with yours truly serving as a groomsman. I even had the pleasure of dancing briefly with, among others, the wife of one of the brains behind the DeLorean of "Back to the Future" fame. (Not the wife of the late John Z. DeLorean, but the wife of his one-time chief engineer.) Fun times for all involved.

And congrats to Nick and Kate. Come up to Washington whenever you get a chance.

I made my way back to Michigan from Milwaukee yesterday via a traffic jam on the Edens Expressway, a brief stop in Streeterville and some deep dish at Giordanos. (My apologizes to rj3 of Thrown for a Loop ... since he lives in Streeterville ... and Catherine of Unrequited Narcissim for not being able to spend more time in Chicago to say hello. The stop in Chicago was not planned and my mom had some lamb korma waiting for me on the other side of Lake Michigan. But perhaps you weren't even around anyway. I'll try to make it to Chicago this winter sometime.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home